Our Green Holiday Bazaar on December 5 attempted to give holiday shoppers ideas for gifts that have little or no impact on the health of the planet. Vendors sold herbal treats, beeswax candels, solar lanterns, gifts made from recycle materiels and much more.
Below is another option for green holiday shopping from Three Stone Hearth, right here in Berkeley, 1581 University.
Holiday Gift Ideas from Three Stone Hearth
- Our own Homestead Candles, made with beeswax collected from local hives, and tallow from our Grassfed Beef Bone Broth. These candles are long-burning (at least 40 hours!) smell like honey and release negative ions that help purify the air.
- Luscious, tallow-based body products from Summer Sequoia, and natural soaps, cosmetics and body care products from Bella Girl, Luminance, Fat and the Moon, Rupam's Herbals and By Nieves
- Fresh Olio Nuovo Extra Virgin Olive Oil from the new harvest at Seka Hills
- Coracao Confections' chocolate bars and truffle boxes, crafted with raw cacao and sweetened with coconut sugar
- A raw honey gift pack from Golden Gate Neighborhood Honey, collected from bee swarms rescued and re-homed in neighborhoods throughout the East Bay
- Felted wool sponges from Full Circle Wool, inspired by the Fibershed Movement's sustainable ranching initiatives. Soft and durable, the wool dries quickly and is naturally anti-microbial.
- Home fermentation kits for Mason jars from Kraut Source and Ferment'n
- Herbal syrups from Taproot Medicine, including the new Lung Syrup
- Dr. Thomas Cowan's line of biodynamically grown, superpowered vegetable powders
- A unique selection of books, from Sandor Katz's classics on fermentation to Sally Fallon Morell's indispensable guides to traditional diets.
- The Local Foods Wheel, co-created by our own Jessica Prentice--no refrigerator should be without it!